today we decided to venture out of the Scottsdale area and made the 90 minute tripup to Sedona before having dinner with some friends.
day 6 highlights:
- mid-morning we headed out to Sedona, AZ. What a beautiful place. Known as Red Rock country. The scenery is just amazing. Pictures galore of forests, plateaus, and canyons with the most amazing colors.
- It was National American Cowboy day, so there were all sorts of gunfights and lassoing demonstrations. I forget this is also Cowboy country. Apparently this is where all the renegade cowboys ended up after we drove them out of Texas.
- Sedona is a very spiritual place as well. All kinds of new age, tarot card, and spiritual enlightenment places. Caitlin called it “hippy dippy”.
- After a day of walking the town and shops, we stopped at the Chapel of the Holy Cross on our way back to Phoenix. Such an amazing little chapel. Probably doesn’t seat more than 100, but nonetheless, amazing location and views.
- For dinner we headed to a little area north of Scottsdale called Cave Creek. We met up with an old fraternity brother and his family for dinner at El Encanto. As a connoisseur of fine Mexican food, this place is the real deal.
- When we returned back to the house we were pleasantly surprised to find the AC had been fixed and house was nice an cool. kicking myself I didn’t call 2 days sooner. Oh well.