we left Austin yesterday morning to venture to sunny (and hot) Arizona for a week long vacation. a bit of a delayed start though because someone TP’d the house. that’s the second time in the last 2 months that someone has rolled the house the night before we were leaving to go out of town. I’m beginning to think conspiracy.
Day 1 highlights:
- traveling tunes: the fray, david crowder, u2, switchfoot, michael buble and the jonas brothers.
- movies: batman begins, sydney white, caitlin’s spring dance concert
- we played trivia – American and Kids trivia. Wendy is the champ so far.
- i had forgotten how beautiful the drive is on I-10 between San Antonio and El Paso. wow.
- stopped in El Paso for dinner at AJ’s Diner. Wendy lived here one year during high school. AJ’s is an old 50’s diner. the vanilla and chocolate malts were incredible.
- after 8 hours in the car we were still in Texas. drove 45 minutes past El Paso to Las Cruces to spend the night. didn’t want to drive all day and not leave the state.